I started this blog about a month ago as a hobby, and on Tuesday found out someone liked it enough to nominate it for the Liebster Award. Of course, I had no idea what the Liebster award was.
So what’s the Liebster Award?
It is an award given by bloggers to newbie bloggers, and really just serves as a way to get to know different blogs. There are rules. Many versions. I am using the ones here. The Liebster Award doesn’t come with any monetary prize, so it won’t help fund any adventures. Sadly. Some people liken this award to a chain letter (Am I showing my age by using that term?) and ignore it. I am going to choose to see it as a symbol of friendship and enthusiasm of fellow bloggers and participate. So, I will follow the rules.
Judean of HR What?? nominated me. Please check out her blog.
My Favorite New Blog So Far….
I think it would have to be All Vegan Keto. I am not vegan, but I do enjoy vegan food and want to incorporate more plant-based eating into my diet. The blog chronicles Katie’s efforts to decrease her cholesterol levels by switching to a vegan ketogenic diet. I find that to be an interesting question and would like to see her results. Katie’s recipe for Tahini Peanut Sauce is drool-worthy, and I am going to have to find a source of jackfruit soon to make her taco filling. I think her blog is beautiful, and if her recipes live up to my expectations, All Vegan Keto will remain a regular read for me. Now, go find some tofu, noodles, or veggies to put this peanut sauce on.
10 Random Facts About me….
- I hate cooked spinach.
- I love avocados. A lot.
- I cannot stand to touch chalk. I am so glad my classroom doesn’t have a chalkboard.
- I used to have hot pink hair.
- I love Star Trek. All of them, but I think ST:TNG is my favorite.
- I cannot operate without coffee. It is the love of my life.
- I am a registered Half-Fanatic. I got burnt out and took a couple of years off from running, but that is about to end.
- I took trains from St. Petersburg, Russia, to Beijing, China one summer with my mom.
- I love to travel, but I cannot decide where to go next.
- I talk to my cat. All the time.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award
- All Vegan Keto. No further explanation needed, I believe.
- Life’s Amazing Moments. Great local adventures.
- Ruud Attitude. Nice assortment of topics, and good pictures.
- Peace Joy Namaste. I clicked because of the name, and have returned because it is an awesome blog.
- Wanderlust Forever. I hate backpacking, but this site makes me want to rethink that.
- Love, Laughter, and Luggage. I love the title of this site!
I hope the people I have nominated see this not as a chain letter, but as a gesture of appreciation for their hard work.